I read something today that really hit me. "One of the hardest parts of having MS is that no one knows you’re sick because you don’t look sick." That is so true. People don't "get" that MS is a disease. It may not have in-your-face symptoms, and no, I sure don't look sick. But I am.
I'm sick in a way that you can't see. For example, you don't see how tired I am. Chronic fatigue is the worst, and that's my biggest symptom. All you might think is that I'm lazy when I am having a nap mid-afternoon. Or that I'm boring because I don't want to go out and would rather just go to bed early and sleep. If I run myself down, I risk an attack. So sleep is my best defense.
I power through the best that I can. Jason is super understanding and lets me nap when I need to. Same with my kids. They know that Mommy needs her time to lay down and they occupy themselves.
So today I'm going to start writing. I hope that someone reads my blog, and I hope that I can at least help that someone understand what MS is.
I welcome your comments. Really. And please share with your friends and family!
M
No comments:
Post a Comment