Friday, September 6, 2013

Ummmmmm.....

The article I read yesterday sparked something in my brain. It was all about cognitive function and MS. (See the adapted article  HERE.)  It was all good, but the part that got to me was "Sometimes, these invisible symptoms become visible. A person with MS may pause while speaking, or they may have difficulties finding the right words. Or, they may seem to“fade out” mentally and lack attention."

Hmmmm....so I'm NOT just crazy and getting old??  I really had no idea that this was even a symptom of MS.  I've been noticing that it sometimes takes me awhile to get a thought out, something that I never had trouble with before. I can't seem to find the right word sometimes (I know the word I want to use but it doesn't come out of my mouth), and a lot of the time Jason has to finish my sentences and thoughts for me.  And the "fade out" seems to happen more often too. I can be having a conversation with someone and once it's done have no idea what they just said to me.  My mind has wandered elsewhere.  It's rude. I know it is.  But it happens and I don't know how to make it stop.

The whole article is HERE.   It's good. Give it a read.  Actually the whole website is good....now what was I doing...

No comments:

Post a Comment