Thursday, October 10, 2013

Ouch

So I started seeing an Acupuncturist.  I read somewhere that it may help with foot drop.  At this point, I'm willing to try anything.  I don't know if it's getting worse, but if anything it's getting annoying.  I can feel it (my foot feels heavy and doesn't move as well as the other) at Zumba, and I can especially feel it about halfway through my Ukrainian dance class. I haven't went for a run in over a month because the last time I did I tripped and almost face-planted right on my treadmill.  It scared me a bit.  So I'm trying acupuncture.

I've gone twice now. I have a couple more appointments scheduled.  I don't know if it's helping.  She's treating me right now for the foot drop, for fatigue, and for my mood swings.  I do notice I'm not as tired, so maybe it is helping.  And the other day at Zumba after treatment #2 my foot didn't feel as heavy as it used to.  So it could be doing something.  Or maybe it's all in my head.  I have no idea.  That's what sucks the most about MS is that I really don't know what's normal or what's MS related.

But I'm going to get poked with about 15 needles every week incase it does help.  Fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment